Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP pasasive mode with InetControl???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Painkiller

Programmer
May 18, 2001
NL
Hi all,

Does anynone know if it is possible to set up a ftp transfer with the Inet control using passive mode?

Thanx in advance

I have build a big project called FTP Explorer using
Inet control and wininet optionaly for every action.
I realy don't now what is passive mode.

What i know (what they've told me) is this: In active mode, the ftp server determines the port (of the client) that is used to make the connection back to the ftp client. This can cause problems when the client needs to work through a firewall, because the firewall can keep this determided port closed.

Thus they've asked if it is possible to use passive mode. I'm not really sure what this is myself. I'm hoping that somebody knows and if that person knows if it is possible to use the inet control, with it.

I just looked this up the help section of ws_ftp le:

"By default, ftp data connections are established by the ftp site. Passive mode forces the data connections to be established by the client. Passive mode may be required for users who are behind some types of router bases firewalls or behind a gateway requiring passive transfers."

Anyone know if this can be done with the Inet control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back