Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ftp opens differnt folder per login

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithschm

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2002
US
I am running straight ftp with IIS. WIN2K server sp4. When I use IE to access the ftp the adminulogin goes to the home dir. When I log in with other users it goes to a sub folder. has anybody seen this before, and how can I change it so all users open to the same folder?

Thanks

Are there any virtual directories (in ftp) created? If a virtual directory exists with the same name as a user on that local box, it will log that user in to that folder.

nope just have it pointed to a folder on one of my HDD

I cant seem to find much on technet about it at all. anybody know?

Is there any correlation between username and folder?
more information would assist in solving this

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

no not at all. I setup FTP with all the defualts. I just changed the home directory. THen removed anonamous access. that is all I did. the administrattor opens to the home folder. any oter user (there are 3 of them) open to one of the sub folders. the same sub folder for all other users. there is no way with IE to go up either.

Also ftp programs such as cuteftp will not even validate a user. I really do not care about that I cna play with that later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back