Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ftp.nai.com autoupdate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrk7352

Technical User
Dec 1, 2003
US
This is my problem:
-I want laptops to update from ftp.nai.com/CommonUpdater.
-All works fine until the laptops become ePO clients.
-I have tried changed the ePO Agent policies to use the client configured repositories, but for some reason the machine i am testing it on still picks up the local repositories I have configured for the workstations.
-I also tried setting up the the ftp.nai.com site configured as a repository in the ePO Agent policies for the laptops, but the test machine gets the following error:
error occured while downloading file sitestat.xml.

Is there a way to configure an epo client to get updates from ftp.nai.com?

I think by default the closest repository is chosen based by ping response. You could override this by changing this to user defined list. (I think it's under the agent policy page)

Hope this helps.

On EPO 2.5.1, which is considerably different from 3.0.1 - I defaulted my traveling laptops to update directly from McAfee rather than a local repository.

In 3.0.1, I just list all my repositories including naiftp set to use epo configured repositories and ping time as the basis for repository selection.

So far it's working great. I've got a few world travelers whose computers are staying up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back