Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

niner710

Technical User
Aug 5, 2005
US
I created an FTP server on my computer and it works. I know i can use WS_FTP pro as, but I want to be able to use a browser so it is easier for my friends to use. When i use internet explorer from home the ftp server page loads and looks like a windows directory structure, which i can just drag and drop files into it. But when I use it from work, then the versions of explorer and mozilla just show a list of files and I am not sure how to upload files onto the server. Can someone tell me if there is an option to configure IE or Mozilla to show the ftp server as a windows structure, or how to upload files onto the ftp server when it displays a listing of files? Thanks.

Not sure about Mozilla; but with IE, you can use the menu Tools>>Internet Options, and go to the Advanced tab. Under the Browsing section, there should be a radio button that reads "Enable folder view for FTP sites"; this should allow drag and drop functions to IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back