Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP IN OPENSERVER 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

juanNAVARRETE

Technical User
Jun 11, 2007
PR
I have noticed that opoenserver 6 takes a lot more time to present the login for a ftp connection from another machine; longer than sco 5.0.7.

Does anyone know why?
Is there a way to tweak it to be faster?

Any help would be appreciated

Juan Navarrete

I've moved our primary FTP server from old SCO (5.0.5, I think) to SCO6. I haven't noticed any delay. Are you talking about milliseconds, or something more drastic?

Have you tried to initiate an FTP session from the box to itself?

"Proof that there is intelligent life in Oregon. Well, Life anyway.

Thanks for your response, actually, I'm talking seconds. It takes 40 secods from the time the connection is established to the moment I get the login prompt. I would say that this is way too long. What do you think?

No relevant info in the OSR6's /var/adm/syslog ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Nothing jups right out. Anything specific I should be looking for?

For kicks, try renaming /etc/resolv.conf to something else. No need to reboot. Just see if that solves the delay issue.

Hey, the time went down to 4 seconds. How migh the rename affect the rest of the system since it appears to be a file to resolve up addresses?

Does your resolv.conf point to a working Name Server? Does that name server include entries for the FTP-Client systems?

man resolv.conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back