Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP distributed repository setup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefsmt123

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2002
US
We are running ePO 3.0.1 and need to setup a Dist. Repository running FTP.

I setup the FTP site (W2K Server and IIS) with Anonymous access/read only. I have unchecked "allow anonymous access only".

When I try to setup a distributed repository that points to this box, there is a problem. During the DR setup wizard, I set the FTP download credentials to "anonymous". During the setup of the FTP replication credentials, I cannot set the username and password. I'm told I don't have "enough user rights". The username and password I'm using has administrator rights to the server I'm running FTP on. The only way I can make it work is to add "write" rights in the FTP setup. This basically allows anonymous connections to write to the FTP server which we do not want.

I've tried the suggestions in one of the NAI knowledge base articles. It suggested to uncheck allow anonymous access only on the FTP site, or try anonymous with any password during the setup of the replication credentials. Neither have worked.

Any suggestions? I'm sure its something I'm missing.

Why not set up 2 FTP sites or viriual dir:s to the same folder one with anonymous access and one with only admin rights?

/DKMart

**********Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?**********

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back