Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP Connnection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

halsteadconsults

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2003
US
I am in the process of configuring a Model 170.
I have a direct serial connection between the PC and the 400. In addition, I have networked the PC and 400 on an ethernet line.

I am able to use the Client Access file transfer utility to send and receive files from the 400. But when I attempt to ftp files from the PC, I receive the following messages.

FTP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (my FTP Address)
connected to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
connection closed by remote host

Do you have any ideas on what this could be?

Thanks

Derek

Sounds like a TCP server is not started, not sure whihc one..

The server was started. I think my problem is a setup issue. I have attempted to use the IBM Manuals for help, but at times find them confusing. Do you know of any sites that offer simple to follow instructions on setup of TCP/IP on both the ISeries and the PC.

When you state the the TCP server is started on the iSeries are you refering to the *FTP server or TCP/IP?
The command to start TCP is "strtcp" while "strtcpsvr *ftp"
will start the ftp server.

You can check if the ftp server is running on the iSeries by using the command "wrktcpsts *cnn" and look for the ftp-con entry.

-Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back