Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP Command - rename

Status
Not open for further replies.

subasn

Programmer
May 7, 2003
US
Hi All,

I tried to rename a file from one file system to another in a ftp session where its failing. I would like to know whether the ftp has the limitation of renaming the file names from one file system to another.

Thank You,
Subas N.

Hi All,

I assume this forum is common for both C++ and UNIX. FTP is part of UNIX. Thats why I posted this message. If you feel it is not the appropriate forum to submit this kind of question no body is asking you to answer.

Better you can ignore. Don't try to be over smart.

Regards,
Subas N.

Daniel is right; this is the C++ ~colon~ UNIX Forum. That means it's the C++ forum dealing with UNIX-specific topics. It is not a UNIX forum in general, nor is it a C++ and UNIX forum.

It's the same distinction as the following: a forum about bars in your hometown is not the place to ask about hardware stores in your hometown. True, there's a good chance someone in there might know other facts about their town, but it's still off-topic, and some forums have rules against that. As far as I know, you are not exempt from the rules here.

I'm not trying to be "over smart." You're either being "over stubborn," or else you don't understand something about the title of the forum or the rules concerning it or choose not to follow them.

As far as renaming files from one filesystem to another, I don't know of any such limitation. I'd suggest you asking in the General UNIX Discussion forum or another more appropriate place where you're more likely to get a proper response. When and if you do, provide some details concerning what filesystems you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back