Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP and DNS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kydreom

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2000
GB
Hi
When I map a drive in Window 2000 through an IP address it works fine. When I attempt to do it through server name I receive the error "Logon Failure; account currently disabled". Even if I add the server name as a hosts entry I experience the same problems. There appear to be no erroneous entries in our DNS. When I ping the server it returns the correct IP address. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

try using lmhost and/or host files , so you can manually map ip addresses to hostnames in the computer your having this problem.
Did you ping with the name to the server right? A+, MCP, CCNA Certified.

Keep fighting for your knowledge!

Thanks, tried all this. The ping also returns successfully. I am basically trying to map a drive to a server on our DMZ. The firewall rules permit it, yet it still does not work. I am wondering whether it may be a secrity patch issue.

DId you check event viewer?
A+, MCP, CCNA Certified.

Yes, even with auditing fully enabled there are no error messages in the logs

Did you try installing NetBeui (netbios) protocol at the workstation and then do the mapping?
IF you can , can you explain again in more details what you are trying to do and what you did already?
thanks A+, MCP, CCNA Certified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back