Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP address won't connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdin

Technical User
Jan 30, 2003
I have an irritating problem with an FTP adress from my hosting company B-One.dk I thought about free hosting but there seems to be many hitches. B-one gave me the following:
ftp adress.ftp.denismclaughlin.dk
id: mclaughlin.dk.

My password works when I log on to my administration page with B-one so I guess that is okay

I have contacted the company because the program Ihave WS_FTP can't connect to this address but it can connect to many others the company says that it's right. Any offers on this, I am building my own website and I am ready to start uploading.
I asked the company to test it for me but they ask do I have a firewall. I have McAfee guardian but it stands at "allow all". Could be something to do with XP pro? If anyone can just point me to a thread
Ican read.........kind regards..Denis

Thanks Bcastner,
that means there is something wrong on the company's side.
I was just in on my Linksys and setup FTP 20 to 21 port, I also wrote in the host masters name and my domain but it didn't help can still connect to the ftp addresses that seem to come with WS_FTP.
Listen do you have an ftp address or 2 I can try?

thanks again for your help, you seem to pop up alot when I'm in need.......all the best...Denis

Is your firewall blocking that port? Have you checked that your router is set up correctly to allow incoming trafic on that port? That is if you have one.

went on to Linksys's support side and followed the instucts for firmware version 1.45.7 as I said set port to 20 to 21 and wrote FTP in the box wrote in Host and domain but it didn't help but i can still connect to other FTP addresses.
My firewall is McAfee Guardian and that is set at "Allow all" So there you go. Have you an FTP I can try?

Thanks Bcastner no problem with ftp.linksys.com!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back