Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP ACCESS USING IE FAILED

Status
Not open for further replies.

hocking

Technical User
Apr 21, 2002
US
I have Win2k advanced server running dns, wins, dhcp, and iis. My server sits behind a linksys router, that has dhcp turned off. I have port forwarding setup in the router for ports 20 & 21 to my server static ip address. I also have the standard pc anywhere ports forwarded to my server static ip address. My FTP site requires a login id & pw. For quite sometime now I have been able from work to type in my WAN ip address in an IE window, and then log into my FTP site, and send and receive files as needed. My WAN ip address has not changed. The only thing that I know that I did change was the router used to be my dhcp server, whereas now my server is the dhcp server for my 6 desktops and 2 laptops, and the rest of the network is working just fine. From work, from a command line, I can sucessfully connect to my FTP site, just not from IE. I have tried this from both a win2k & winnt pc at work, with no luck. I have confirmed with Linksys tech supt that my router is setup correct, which is basically the default settings. I had my router lock up a few weeks ago and had to reset it, and thought that maybe I had something set up before, that I don't now, and that is why it doesn't let me connect from work, using IE. I can connect to my ftp site using my WAN ip address from the server, which I don't know if that means anything. I have flush the dns, and restarted the server, and reapplied sp2 to noavail. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back