Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frx2any parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame8311

Technical User
Jan 6, 2012
US
I could get the frx2any to run, but I want to try to send the program the fields it needs and wants instead of typing it in the program when it appears like a parameter list, how to i do that

What kind of parameters you want to send to FRX2Any? You can use\set FRX2Any object properties before calling Save method.

parameters I want to set are fields in the 'for expression' and the 'report name'

Frx2any has a save method? I did not see that in the documentation

For Save method see "Save method" chapter in FRX2Any.chm file
For "For expression" see "cForExpression property" chapter in FRX2Any.chm file
If you mean by "report name" output file name, see "cExportFileName property" and "cSaveFolder property" chapters in FRX2Any.chm file

Since you are running concurrent postings for both
FRX2Any
FRX2Word

Are you just trying both to see what you can get to work for you or what?

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

jrbbklr - actually yes I am trying to see what can work for me and what works but with the least lines of code for it work

Quit worrying about the least lines of code for it work

You need to get it working.

Personally, since I got FRX2Word working pretty easily, I'd go that route like I showed you in your other posting (thread184-1682234).

But others may have had equally good experiences with FRX2Any. If so and it works, go for it.

But quit trying to juggle one-against-the-other.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back