Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frustrating ADO Error....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgyone

Technical User
Jan 26, 2001
GB
I'm using ADO connections and I have a small application which checks a value in the first table against a matching value in the second table (which also holds the new value for that record). If a match is found then then the new value is given to ther record while it is in the process of being copied to a new table.

The problem is that every time I get to a record around the range 62, 63, 64. It just speeds up and doesn't follow the procedures I have set. It doesn't matter which records I have in that range (I have tried all kinds of records in that range but stil the same result when it reaches that mark). If I just use 60 records and check those then all is okay ;o(

I could send the code if it helps to explain this. It's a small application and it's not coded to the best standards (I'm pretty new to all of this) but it is easy enough to understand what is going on very quickly. I'd appreciate a little help.

Thanks.....

I'll have a look at the code for you.

Mike
Michael.toye@bmw.co.uk

Thanks Mike... I've sent you the code... if you just run the application, open the database and then start it you should see the problem.

When the counter gets to 62 then it gives up on me ;o(

Cheers for taking the time to help,
Marcus

is the problem solve ? ,if not send me the project and the database

Eric Eric De Decker
vbg.be@vbgroup.nl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back