Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frozen Quantity Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocgregw

Technical User
Sep 23, 2008
US
We run cycle count daily using the frozen quantity. We ran the cycle count selection on Friday 2/8/13 in the AM. The same afternoon the counts were entered and the Variance Report was generated. On all items the frozen quantity and the counted quantity matched. The following Monday, 2/11/13, The Physical Update was run. The frozen count on all items now showed zero on the report. The report did not list any change to inventory. What we have subsequently discovered is that the on-hand inventory for every item was increased by the counted quantity. We have been running cycle count for years and have never had this problem.

Any thoughts on what could have happened?

We are on Macola/ES Version 9.5.700

Thanks

If the frozen count was zero, I would expect the qty on hand to increase by what you counted. The question is why/how did this happen? Can you perform a small cycle count on one item and see if the frozen quantity is set back to zero?

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

We have been doing a daily cycle count Monday thru Friday since this happened and have never had the problem repeat. I think something happened to the data base that caused the frozen count to be set to zero. That is what I am trying to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back