Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FrontPage upload conflict 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeric

Technical User
Apr 23, 2000
I've produced a web-site using FrontPage 2002, it has a home.htm (not an index.htm) and when I go to upload it, it 'green ticks' all .htm entries except the home page one, at which it simply says 'Conflict' - Tried renaming home.htm to index.htm, but lost links - Anyone any ideas as to what 'Conflict' indicates and how to overcome it please - FP Help doesn't!
[sadeyes]

Is that not the case that comes up when you have a matching file on each location (local and remote) that is the same, but there is some discrepancy?

What I would try is to try only publishing that one file (the original one, without the name change). Or if you wanted to change the name, just make sure all your links are updated along with the name change.

If you know that your local file is the correct file, then when it asks you what to do, tell it to overright remote files with local files.

If that doesn't work, I'd try using an FTP program to go in and just delete the remote copy, and then publish/upload the correct (local) file.

You could also try to publish the entire web over writing what is already there instead of having FP check only for changes. (this isn't advisible if you have a database or somepage that gets updated dynamically through the site, guest book, counters, etc..)

When you go to File > Publish Site and authenticate you username and password click on the Remote Web Site Properties button on top right, then look for the 3 tabs across the top of the window and select Publishing. From there you can select to publish changed pages only or All pages, overwriting pages already on destination.

DBigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back