Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frontpage Submit Push Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasypygal

Technical User
Nov 2, 2006
US
On our web site there is a page with a submit push button that used to work and allow others to submit issues. For some reason this submit button no longer works. The Submit button is to email the form to a mailbox.

On click, an error message occurs I believe numbered 405. I have removed the email address and reentered it. I have installed a new Submit push button , but the result is the same.

Are you aware of where else I might check. Thanks

What is the input type of the submit button? Is it button or submit? COuld you post the code for the submit button - change the email address when posting to stop the spammers.

Thanks for your reply. The Push Button form property options are 1)normal, 2)submit, and 3)reset. This button is set as "submit". The code is

<p><a href="mailto:xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com"><sup><input type="submit" value="Submit Comments" name="Issue">
</sup>
</a> <input type="reset" value="Clear Form"></p>

The html relating to "reset" is a different push button but included it because it was within the complete line of code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back