Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FrontPage Server Extensions - problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuctionsExpert

Technical User
Jan 15, 2002
US
Hi Everyone,

When I am trying to publish a Website using FrontPage 2002, it gives me an error notification as below:
"FrontPage Run-Time Component Page you have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a web server and the FrontPage Server Extensions to function properly. This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish this web to a web server that has the FrontPage Server Extensions installed."

- I don't know what to do to fix it, because the webserver is not mine, - it belongs to my ISP... (webhost4life.com) and those guys don't seem to be very bright.... - Is anyone knows a simple solution, and what should I do if those "webmasters" cannot fix it, and they do not want to accept their errors?

P.S. - I just hate to change my domain and web hosting hosting provider.

Please advise on how to fix the problem.
Thanks a lot !

Alexei.

Have you published to this Webserver with FrontPage before and without difficulty? If so, they must fix. It is on their end.

If not, they don't have FrontPage Server Extensions (FPSE) on the Domain (or IIS area) to which you are publishing.

If you need that and want to use functions of the FPSE then you will have to find a new Host. Dave [idea]
[]

to find a good server support is not easy, the same as it is not so easy to transfer your domain name.....takes some time.
In the mean time I just study whatever I can about IIS administration so I can support my own webserver.

Guys, honestly I am just terrified how unproffesional the webhosting providers are, seems that nobody understands good enough how to troubleshoot FrontPage Server Extensions...

'Hi bablapurabi!

If you don''t know wheather your webhost enabled your account with the FrontPage Server Extensions and what is the version of them - to check it do the following:

In MS FrontPage click on Tools --> Server --> Administration Home - it will show your admin page for your FrontPage Extensions with indication on the top of the version of it, for example it will say Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions 2002.
Do remember that you if you are using FP 2002 you want to use FP Server Extensions 2002 and not 2000 !!!

Sincerely,

Alexei Leonov
webmaster@auctionsexpert.com
[pipe]

top.ht10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back