Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frontpage/Dreamweaver Template 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyquake

Technical User
Feb 29, 2004
IL
Can anybody advise: A client would like me create one template and he will use it to create the rest of his website... Problem is, he uses Frontpage and I use dreamweaver. Is that possible? If I create the template in Dreamweaver, will he be able to open it in frontpage and modify/change etc. to create his site... Thanks in advance for any tips.

I don't use DW so I really don't know a lot about templates in DW, except that I believe a formal template is different between FP and DW. Now - if you created a HTML page or set of pages that make up a "template" that the client could use to create each of his site pages from - where he would open the "template.htm" page and save as with a new file name - that should work seamlessly.

Have you tried asking your question on the FrontPage Newsgroup? There are several FrontPage MVPs that also use DW that could probably answer a little more accuratly that me.

Tiffany

Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Thanks Noconi, Where do I find the frontpage newsgroup?

I am getting a Temporary error on the direct page now, but if you go to this page: and click the link in the center near the bottom of the page to Discussion Groups, I believe that will lead you to the FP newsgroup. I have mine set up on Outlook Express, rather then using the web based reader.

Tiffany

Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

As long as you do not use companents known only to DW.
HTML is HTML
Fronptage will be able top open the pages you create and modify them

Thanks,
John McKenney
Work Hard... Play Harder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back