Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frontpage 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

drublic1019

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2005
US
Hey guys I am pretty new at this whole sharepoint stuff and I was wondering if anybody could give me some info on what you can do with frontpage 2003. Does it allow you to customize pages more or is it just a different way of changing only the defualt thing microsoft lets you? Any information would be great. Thanks

Hello,

Check this blog out, it has some links to resources about customization of SharePoint through FrontPage.

You can do A LOT of customizations through FrontPage, just make sure you have proper backup of everything, playing around with FrontPage can cause some problems if your are a bit unfamiliar with it (I speak out of own experience :) )

Regards,
Thomas

Modifying WSS stuff in FrontPage can be VERY dangerous. Like Thomas said, make sure you have a backup of your site.

I use FP3 all the time with SPPS and I love it! You can modify pages very easily. If you've noticed, there's probably a small FP3 icon on your browser tool bar. Navigate to the page you want to edit and then click the Icon. Immediately after FP3 opens your page, copy all of the code to a new untitled FP3 HTML file and paste it. That way, if you blow up the page, you have the original code close by. (This has saved my a88 before!)
Sometimes FP3 will blow up the dynamically generated page title element. So if your page title is tweaked, look at the code very closely and you will see that a few <'s or >'s will have been replaced with "&lt;" or "&gt;"... That is really the only bug I have encountered. Hope this helps!
Robert Vignato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back