Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frontpage 2002 forms are not saving data to Access Databases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 23, 1999
US
I am having a problem getting Access 2000 and FP 2002 to exchange data properly. The form looks and acts as it should, however none of the information is put into the access database. I have verified that the database connection is correct and watched as FP verified it, but that seems to be a false positive. And rechecked the permission.

When I try to view the results, I get the following message.

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

Does anybody know how I can solve this mysterious problem?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Did you try the page with the database closed...

I used to get it when my Database was open...once I closed it things were fine...

Tommy

Yes, I have tried it with the database closed. I have also tried re-assigned permission for the site, Changing permission on the %temp% directory, using system DNS instead of File DNS and creating new forms and databases. none of this seems to have any effect. I have even tried creating a new site running on a Windows 2000 member server using IIS 5. (The original site is hosted on NT 4.0 running IIS 4.0)

This problem started after I upgraded from FrontPage 2000 to FrontPage 2002. This includes the server extension and share point services parts. It was working fine before I upgraded.

Is there a problem with the server extensions or Share point services?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back