Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frontend and Backend Server Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

netnut1234

Technical User
Oct 20, 2004
GB
Hi,

I have installed Exchange 2003 on 2 servers. I have configured one as the front-end server, stopped and disabled the services that are no longer needed. I am not trying to send an email to the internet. I have opened the ports on the firewall. Now when I send an email it is being delivered to my email account OK, but when I look at my firewall tracker I can see the email going out from the back-end and not the front-end server. I know the email is being delivered, but I want all emails to be routed through the front-end exchange server. I have also tried to set up an SMTP connector, but again this doesn't sent the email's via the back-end server. Am I missing anything?
Thanks.

Hi,

Yes the FE server is set to Master and the backend is set to member, Emails are being sent out and received as well, but when we track the traffic via the firewall, it looks like the email is being generated from the BE server and not the FE server.

Under your default routing group make an SMTP connector and put your FE server as the local bridgehead

Have made sure the FE server is the bridgehead server and all is working.
Thanks for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back