Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Front Panel Audio Connections! - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralChin

Technical User
Apr 11, 2003
US
Hey,
I own a Cooler Master Mid-Tower with Front Panel Microphone and Headphone jacks.
My motherboard has built in audio with the jumpers for Front Panel audio, But I disabled it and am currently running Audigy 2 ZS.
My question is, I want to use the Mic and Headphone jack in the front panel. But when disabling the onboard audio, will the jumpers on the M/B work with Audigy or do i have to connect them to the audigy card.
And how do I know where to plug them in, I cant find a good spec sheet for the Audigy card.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You,
George

You can still use the front AV jacks, but you are going to have to plug them into the Audigy Board instead of the jumpers on the mother board. Which Audigy 2ZS do you have? Did it not come with its own front AV panel? Did it come with a manual? If not here is the link.

Just fill in what you have and you can get the manual. There are some good pictures in there explaining what things are on the Audigy board.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back