Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Front intake fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

us2and2cats

Technical User
Jan 26, 2003
GB
my pc case has 2 place for fans, 1 in the rear below the power supply and 1 at the very bottom front of the case... My pc speaker is where most cases have holes for a front intake fan.... The holes for my front fan are in the bottom of the case.... So when I put a fan in the front it blows the air straight up towards my hard drive bays... Will I still get adequate cooling with this setup? And has anyone ever seen a case with holes in the bottom? Just seems like a weird spot for the front intake fan... Any comments?

I've seen pc cases with the same setup , but usually the front fan is optional. You should get the required ventilation with the power supply fan and the rear fan .

Yeah,I put a Vantec PCI exhaust fan in an open PCI slot.... Very impressed with it so far.... I was just wondering about the front fan because everywhere I've read they say the best way to cool your pc is to have an equal amount of airflow, in and out of the pc... But thanks for the reply and the tips... I'm trying to overclock my Athlon XP 1800 and I want to do it the safest way possible... Right now I have it up to 1804Mhz and it seems pretty stable....
Thanks again for the help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back