Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Front end back end server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbytupper

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2002
GB
I am currently running Exchange 2000 in several offices. Each office is part of the same forest, the root name of the domin is xxx.com with other offices as otheroffice.xxx.com. Head office log onto xxx.com and remote users pick up there mail out of office using webmail. Webmail is configured with a front end server in the dmz. I now wanted to enable remote offices to pick up their mail using a singe name space (xxx.com) There is a valid route between the front end server and the exchange server in otheroffice.xxx.com. Is it possible to configure the front end server to talk to the exchange server in otheroffice.xxx.com?

Many thanx in advance

James.

This happens automatically as long as all the servers are in the same Org and the proper ports are open. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Thanks for that Dan I had mismatched authentication methods hence it wasnt working, sorted now.

Just one more thing - each user wishing to log on is having to prefix their username with the domain name\ is this the correct way to do this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back