Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

from multiple PDF files making just One PDF 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSa

Programmer
Jan 10, 2001
BE
Is it possible to make from multiple PDF files just one PDF file.

First I convert several Word documents into PDF files using pdfWriter or Distiller, and I would like to gather all those PDF files into one PDF file.(So that I have a Book)

If somebody could please help me, i would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks.

GoSa

I've been using Acrobat Exchange 3.01 to combine mutiple PDFs into a single file. Try the Insert Pages option under Document. I'm sure Acrobat latest version has same feature.

Hi,
I am in desperate need of a solution of generating multiple Acrobat PDF files with inserting(appending) other PDF's in to a single PDF, for my Project. Please help me out with a solution to this.....its very urgent.

Thanks in Advance...

Regards,
Prabhakar.

It is quite simple. I scanned in some old repair manuals and created an online disc using what you are talking about. First open acrobat writer. You will see the icon in your tool bar that looks like a page labeled as Show/Hide navigation pane. Once your pane pops up on the left hand side of the page you can insert your documents there. But to do so you will need a bookmark which you will see in the pane. Click on book mark (upper right of pane), New book mark. Label it. After that you can insert pages using the edit function at the top of the screen. You can insert them in order by numbering them. I labeled my first page as my index page because that is what it was. For ease you can create a book mark for each page and hyperlink them for fast access. In case of a book which may contain chapters you would expand your current book mark say chapter one that has 30 pages. This way in chapter one book mark you could expand it and in that chapter you could access any page you want. Instead of hunting for the page.

I don't know if you still need this, but go to

They have a FREE utility to do this. I searched for a solution for a while, finally ending up with contacting Fytek to see if they could do this.

It works great and is totally FREE.

try RocSky PDFMerger, it is free and can do what you want.

download from RocSky SPlitPDF:Split one multipage Pdf document into one page PDF Documents
RocSky PDFMerger:Merge many a PDF document in a folder into one PDF document

Pls visit

Another very quick and basic way of getting all your pages into one file is to open the files that you want to merge, then go to Window->Tile->Vertically. View the navigation pane and select the thumbnail tab for each document. You can then click and drag the thumbnail for the page that you want, and drop it into the destination document thumbnails in the desired place.

You may find this method useful if you only want to select certain pages from the source document. If you wanted to do something on a much larger scale or programmatically, then I would use one of the utilities mentioned above. Ahhhhh, I see you have a machine that goes Bing!

Another quick way to inset pages would be:
Document > Insert Pages.

Then select the PDFs that you wish to insert.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back