Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

from full to inc

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeye06

Technical User
Apr 5, 2007
FR
Hello

first of all, I would like to notice that I'm a new user.
I'm using Win2003 server.

Problem 1 :

My server use to backup six server but one of us is not completely backuped (failed @ 11%) and it tries during 4hours.Then the full backup ends @ 8am.

how to reduce this time? is there a timeout command ?

I would like to try to switch from Full to incremental method and that is the matter of my second problem

Problem 2 :

At the moment, we make a full backup and I would like to change, using the rotative method which consists in making an incremental backup from monday to thursday and a full backup on friday.

The problem is that I can put into rotative method, but I can't save and when i start again the program, the full method is setted. How to save my new configuration ?

If i try to click on "start", i fear that the job will be launched immediatly, that will be a big problem..do u know ?

tx in advance

Problem 1 :
With regedit on BAB server, set the following keys to reduce timeout :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\BrightStor ARCserve Backup\Base\Task\Remote
SendTimeOut and ReceiveTimeOut (in seconds)

For more info, check :

But it would be better to find why it fails.

Problem 2 :

To validate your changes to a job, you must click start.
In a rotation scheme, it will be shedduled at the date and time you set in the sheddule tab.
After hitting start, it wont just start, you will have the possibility to validate the execution time and date.

The start button is basicaly an apply button.

Regards.

thank u very much for ur contribution

these value are setted to 600 (décimal) or the backup timed out after 4h7min so it might be another problem
the agent fail (every tuesday) to transmit informations @ 11 %
I notice that the operation succeed when I desactivate the antivirus which is Virusscan before. I have others server with virusscan and it seems not to provocate conflicts. a little bit complicated...

this morning i started to configure my backup with incremental method.
I have to set a pool of media. I understood that it was a pool that contains physical bands. I have an ultrium 8 slots, but when I want to affect medias, it shows me a list of media (more than slots).how to reconize whiches have to be affected ? I see 14 medias znd I have to choose 8.

TIA

Hi,

If you want, let's say, a incremental from monday to thurday, and full friday, just pick the corresponding rotation scheme in the sceddule tab, fill a pool name, and start the job.

Il will create a pool for you, for a weekly rotation.
No need to assign tapes manually, just fill the autoloader with blank tape (or quick erase plus some), it will backup on, name and assign them to the pool (in the save set).

A rotation job first seek in the group a media which is is the scratch set of the pool, if there isn't any, it will seek a blank tape in the group.

After a week, tapes in the save set will begin to go in the scratch set to be reused by the job.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back