Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

from exe --> c? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jade1001

Technical User
Aug 29, 2001
US
Fellow Geeks,

I'm wondering if anybody out there knows how to view executables created in c in c. In other words, I have a collection of exe's I created at one point in time with the source code (.c files). Somehow, I managed to loose these .c files. I'd like to edit my code but can't cause all I have now are the exe's. I know that one can edit them in hex (machine language) but that is too painful for me:)

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
jade>:):O>

Reduce this problem to convert an assembler source to a C-Source and you will find why it is nearly impossible.

I don't talk about an Optimizer. This would increase the Problems.

hnd
hasso55@yahoo.com

hi,
there are some disassemblers which also convert exe to c code. you may use them. i also have one. if you wish to get, contact me at prajakta00@yahoo.com

however the c-code so obtained is quite clumsy. anyway you may try.

Thanks! I really appreciate this! These exe's are my assignment and I was freaking over having to redo the whole thing to re-submit my code to my instructor when I just need to edit a few things.

This help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

jade>:):O>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back