Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

From Button in Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAEricksen

Technical User
Dec 8, 2001
US
I use Outlook 2000 (not express) and I have three different POP3 accounts that I use on a regular basis. Is there a way to add a 'From' button so that I can chose what account to send the message from? I know that I can go into options and chose there but I would like a button to do it from the actual message.

Thanks

Open new message.
Choose: View/"From Field".
The "From Field" will appear in every new message.

Actually, hate to say this, but the option isn't there...

there is a bcc option but no from option...

and yes I clicked the little down arrow thingie to make the menu expand (just in case you thought I didn't).

It is there.............in mine. Use it all the time.
Reinstall??? *Remember.......
If you don't use your head,
your going to have to use your feet

Are you running as a corporate / exchange server or as internet mail? I am running as internet mail.

Corporate at work. (2000)
Internet mail at home. (2002 (XP))

OK on both.

Are you using '97?
Use the help menu and search for 'from field' and see what that gets you. *Remember.......

Outlook 9.0 build 5414

yes it is outlook 2000 SR-1 (9.0.0.5414)

No such luck on the help index, just tried again, no 'from' and no 'field' at all.....(and I already tried that before posting here by the way)

This is really buggin me! ;)

Just checked at home..

In Outlook XP, that option has been moved to the "Options" button after starting a new e-mail.

Possibly there in Internet mail mode in 2000 ??? *Remember.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back