Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FREQUENT RANDOM SYSTEM HANG UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deke99

Technical User
Jun 3, 2002
US
I added a new E-Machines computer to my SBS network. It came with XP Home edition installed which will not interface with my network. ( XP Pro will but I dont have that)
I also have three E-Machine workstations that have WindowsME installed and no problems.
I reformatted the hard drive and installed WindowsMe from the OEM CD's, and got the correct drivers from Intel for the chipset and graphics ( at least I think it is right)
Machine hangs badly at intermittant times nothing repeating
The company will not support me because of the change.
Does anyone have any information at all as to any other hardware that may be incompatible with WindowsMe but is compatible with XP Home ?
When I remove the Intel graphice drivers everything runs fine but the screen is almost unreadable using the standard VGA drivers so the problem must be in that area somewhere.
Anyone have any hints about this problem ?
Thank you in advance for the help.
The Dekeman
The Dekeman

See my post a while back under Xandroid where I recommend a program that patches the many memory leaks found in windows me. And win98 as well. This program is done by sone really knowledgeable techies. It does more than just patch the memory leaks. My friends that I have told about it have had great results, like night and day. All their problems stopped.

xandroid
The application did not stop the intermittant hang ups but I installed it on my other workstations and it did help things a lot, particularly with the WinMe machines.
Thanks again The Dekeman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back