Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Freezing IP Office r6.018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariston

Technical User
May 26, 2014
CA
I have a customer with r 6.018. All the digital phone displays go off and nothing on the system will work. They have been rebooting up to 3 times a day to remedy this problem.
Thinking a reformat of the SD card. Any ideas?

try a dot upgrade 1st, you may have a bug release

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

I don't remember if it was 6.0.18, but I had a client with R6.0.xx and it froze 2-3 times a day. We upgraded it to R7 which fixed the issue back then, but if they don't want to pay for an upgrade license I would say do as smokingjoe said and upgrade them to the latest R6.0 software.

6.0.18 is the latest 6.0 release and if you are going to upgrade then go for anything higher than 7.0

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Thanks for the responses, can I upgrade to r9? I know I have to have the upgrade license for r9, but can I upgrade to r7 then r8 and only apply the license when upgrading to r9?

An upgrade licence is required for anything above R5, the R9 licence can be used to upgrade system to any release up to R9, so 7 ,8 , 8.1 or 9 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back