Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Freezing authorizations - EDC and Aloha POS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRNYC

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2016
US
Has anyone ever experienced intermittent freezing of credit card authorizations that have no rhyme or reason?

NCR has at one point stated that we might have internet issues, but every test I have run has shown excellent bandwidth with no disruptions or issues.

They were supposedly going to monitor our activity but it seems they closed the ticket (which I am going to have them reopen).

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this and their experience with the issue?

Thank you!

Depends on what version of EDC you have. There were known issues in some of the versions of newer edc where it would drop its SSL connection and you would have to restart the EDC service to fix. Those issues seem to have been fixed in the past few updates to EDC. Ver 14.1.21 seems to be very stable

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
reddit : rossabout

There is also a known incompatibility with ChasePaymentech and EDC 15.1. It had to do with the SHA2 changeover (deadline is now August for them, and requires EDC 15) Paymentech has admitted they are not real sure what causes the glitch, but it causes authorizations to stick around for a 5 or 10 minutes. NCR has developed a work around in EDC 15.1.17.15

I've had 15.1.17.15 deployed to a live site for testing for 48 hours now with success.

AlohaRoss, thank you! This is exactly what NCR has been having us do (the service restart). At the very least this info and MenulinkMan's confirms that this problem is most likely with EDC and not something in our infrastructure. I was having some issues convincing management about why this problem is hard to nail down when its not a problem with our own technology.

I am going to check our EDC version and follow up with NCR. Thank you again!

So we are running EDC 14.1.17, should I request an update to 14.1.21 or should / can I request an upgrade to the 15.1 series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back