Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Freeze Panes Problem for one of my users

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrSmyth

Technical User
Jul 16, 2003
GB
Hi, We're using XL97 for a few spreadsheets and one of my users seems to be having a few problems with Frozen panes.

Basically she can use frozen panes for most spreadsheets, but for one particular spreadsheet, frozen panes just don't seem. I've got her to check the window menu and there's only an option to unfreeze panes (indicating that the panes are frozen).

This is the only workbook that she's having these problems with. If it's relevant, the workbook is shared.

Something else that may be relevant is the fact that her Tools>Share Wookbook option in the menu is greyed out (meaning she can't change any of the settings.....) it's all very frustatrating.... Has anybody come across this before??? And does anybody have a solution???

Thanks

Dr

Sounds like a protected copy of a shared workbook with her not being the owner of the protection - don't really use shared workbooks due to the headaches they cause so not that up on 'em but you will need to get anyone who uses it to have a look and see if they've protected the structure of the book from everyone else...

Rgds, Geoff

"Three things are certain: Death, taxes and lost data. Guess which has occurred"

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

In later versions the grayed out option would indicate that the share is protected (tools, protection, portect shared workbook) with a password.

I suppose you mean she cannot unfreeze the panes? If she can, can she freeze them again?

Since VBA cannot be edited in shared mode, can you unlock and check for workbook_open or workbook_close events?

Cheers

// Patrik

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the IT Professional, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

It does look like the share is protected, but there's nothing in the open routine to indicate this.... Gonna take it off shared and see if i can get her to share the workbook and see if it'll wor that way..

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back