Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Freeze header row

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefboy

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2002
US
Is there a way to freeze the top header row for the column labels? I would like the column lables to still be seen when a user scrolls down the page. I am using an Access database.

Chefboy

hmmm,

this might be a little tricky on the intial alignment. But you could set up the column headers and such, then in the cell below that - make it an iframe, with scrollbars - and put your repeat region in there. "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

-Adm. James Farragut

Stuart

I tried to use a frame but it doesn't work well with different monitor resolutions. I set the frame up for 800x600 and the people with 1024x768 resolution have issues.

Chefboy

what kind of issues?

how wide is the table for the data? "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

-Adm. James Farragut

Stuart

The table is ten columns wide. Even with 1152x864 scrolling from left to right is needed.

The issue is that since scrolling from left to right is required you must scroll the top frame and the bottom frame and they don't line up.

Chefboy

ahhh yea that is an issue lol.

well, the only other thing I can think of is maybe export the data to excel and show the excel page.

Other than that, i'm outta ideas. "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

-Adm. James Farragut

Stuart

2 idea, maybe both are worthless - how about 1)table with two rows. First row contains the header information. Second row is a repeated region that shows 10 (or however many) records - then add one of those record navigation bars. Other idea, try using layers instead of tables - I run into the same problem w/ the resoultion, but it's less so if you use layers with percentages instead of absolute values. Scott Neth
Web Designer/Cyberpunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back