Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FreeThreadedDOMDocument problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cash0

Programmer
May 23, 2001
AU
Hi, I'm having trouble instantiating the MSXML2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument.4.0 object from asp.

It claims that the class string is invalid, but my server HAS xml parser 4 on it, so it should work - shouldn't it...

Any ideas?

Cash0 -

Like James said.

But if you're using XSL transforms that take parameters, you've got a chicken + egg problem - you can only pass parameters using a freethreaded document. Time to decide which you value more - stability or features.

Chip H.

It has more than stability issues. You might actually cause a deadlock in IIS and your webserver will stop responding. If it is an important sit that needs a high up time I would look to see what you are doing. It might be that you can do the transfom in an out of process VB DLL installed into COM+ as a server apllication, and then pass back the transformed results. That is what I would do. No free threaded isssues then.

James :) James Culshaw
james@miniaturereview.co.uk

You might actually cause a deadlock in IIS and your webserver will stop responding.

That, uhhh, would be bad. :-(

Running the transform (if needed) in another process would be the way to go. Thanks, James.

Chip H.

I got around my original problem with the invalid class sting, but I now have this extra complication of the instability. Damn.

I definetly don't have the time to create COM components, or try anything too fancy. I think I'll just have to see how I go.

My site won't have high loads, or frequent use for that matter (maybe only a few people a day) as it is an intranet application for keeping track of employees CVs in the organisation....

Oh well we'll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back