Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FreeBSD 4.8, MySQL, linuxthreads

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeshubby

Programmer
Jul 10, 2001
US
I'm a FreeBSD newbie (it's a vitural private server, while it is shared in one sense, I have root access to my portion of it)

Anyways, I'm trying to install MySQL 4.0 and am taking advanatage of using "linuxthreads" when I build it.

Both MySQL 4 and it's dependent package "linuxthreads" are part of the "ports collection" on my FreeBSD box.

However, the linuxthreads are not installing correctly.
Here's what I do...

cd /usr/ports/devel/linuxthreads
make
make install

and it shortly spits out the following error output:

"The linuxthreads port needs source code for libgcc"

All help is greatly appreciated...

I've made a newbie assumption that I need to install gcc (also available in the ports collection)

I'm thinking this will supply the libgcc file that is missing for linuxthreads...

Anyone have any comments on what "libgcc" is a part of? Is it related to "gcc" at all?

I'm finding the installation of "gcc" to be a mammoth project in that it takes so long for "make" and "make install" to finish running. Do I even need to do this?

Thanks again for any help you guys could give this novice.

I have successfully built an Apache/MySQL/PHP/WindowsXP server here at work, for development purposes. In the past, at home, I've successfully built a Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP (LAMP) machine.. but I'm beginning to think that I am seriously out of my league on this project.

All you need to install Linuxthreads is gcc 2.95 or higher.
If Linuxthreads fails to install, you might need to 'set env' to point to where gcc is located.

M. Brooks
X Concepts LLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back