Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free VFP Compression Library 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
kctoo,

Azip32.dll and Aunzip.dll are SHAREWARE.
( = dead link which was shipped with the accompanying PRG's)

That means you may use them for a while after which you are expected to buy a license. Without license you will be remembered by an message which appears at random times across your screen about the need to buy one.

But THIS utility is FREEWARE. It means you may use it without any costst.

-Bart

Hi Olaf,

The ZipOpen returns .t. - and it does create a nice new zip file, just not where I expected it to be!

I'm using this form:
Code:
IF ZIPOPEN("myfile.ZIP","c:\temp\", .F.)

It doesn't matter if the file exists or not - because it makes it in my default path..

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

Hi Griff,

okay, that seems to be work for Craig then.

Bye, Olaf.

I've e-mailed him

I must say I'm really impressed with the fll (despite this little niggle) and very grateful for Craig putting it out there.

Martin

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

Hi Griff,

Got the email and emailed you back. It is now a known issue in the FLL. That having been said either...

Code:
IF ZIPOPEN("c:\temp\myfile.ZIP","c:\temp\", .F.)

or

Code:
IF ZIPOPEN("c:\temp\myfile.ZIP")

...should give you the zip file regardless of the default path or files/folders being zipped. The fix for this issue should be included with the next update to this FLL. It should certainly work with your original syntax which is what was intended. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and posting your findings here as well as emailing me.

boyd.gif

SweetPotato Software Website
My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back