Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free Busy Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkenworthy

Programmer
Sep 13, 2002
GB
I have scoured the archives here and cannot find a post relating to the simple task of how to set up the free-busy connector on an Exchange 5.5 server and how to allow Outlook 2000 clients to view each others' free-busy status.

Could someone provide a good URL or provide such instructions?

Many thanks.

Me Too!!

Having problems with Free Busy connector as well.....

From what I could tell the free/busy connector gets installed with the MS MAil connector. My problem turned out to be a corrupted information store. I ran the repair and the free/busy services started up again. I was then abale to move them to a different exchange box via the instances tab in the properties of the Public Folder on the exchange box you want to move them to. Hope this helps.

Jim

Check out Microsoft Knowledge base article - 152960

This will guide you through setting up your exchange server for schedule+ free Busy and offline address book.

It is true this is installed when exchange is setup, but if you have moved the server, or had a Disaster Recovery that didnt fully re-install these services, this article will show you how.

DV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back