Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free/busy not working in Outlook 2007 +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnyt88

MIS
Sep 15, 2010
US
We just migrated to exhcnage 07 from 03 and I have been fighting with free/busy not working in outlook 07/'10. Free/Busy does work in outlook 2003 and OWA

I have been through endless articles on autodiscovery and none of them have helped me.

Doing a "test-outlookwebservices" on the server get the following:

Id : 1003
Type : Information
Message : About to test AutoDiscover with the e-mail address Administrator@domain.com.

Id : 1007
Message : Testing server Exchange-SRV.domain.com with the published name & .

Id : 1019
Message : Found a valid AutoDiscover service connection point. The AutoDiscover URL on this object is
Id : 1013
Type : Error
Message : When contacting received the error Unable to connect to the remote server

Id : 1013
Message : When contacting received the error No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it <Exchance_Local_IP>:443

Id : 1006

I do not know why it is actively refusing it and am running out of options.

internal and external names are set for all the services correctly would be the first question. (this looks good thou)

You could also try removing and recreating the iis websites, lots of step by steps for this around.

Certificates is the last place to check.

IIS also sometimes screws up a cert you could remove the cert then re-add it manually to get around this. Use IE to connect manually to autodiscover.xml to test authentication and that its published correctly.

Pretty sure 2k7 and 2k10 outlook clients automatically go back to public folders if you untick the publish tickbox which is a quick fix while you resolve the issue.

I did not know you can force the newer outlook clients to go back to using public folders. Is this a setting on outlook? or in on the exchange server?

I know they were designed to automatically if exchange was 03. It will at least be a way to keep execs happy until I get it sorted.

Use IE to connect manually to autodiscover.xml to test authentication and that its published correctly."

I never thought to test this. Upon doing so, I get the ol "page can not be displayed" so apparently IIS isn't publishing it at all.

There is a registy hack to force outlook 2007 2010 to go to public folders, haven't got time to link it but you should find it pretty easy.

I am fairly confident if you disable web publishing in exchange they revert to that method automatically.

The resgistry hack only works for 2007, not 2010, but luckily, just the IT people have 2010. Only a few people have 2007.

My concern is that we have a large group of people that use OWA. Therefore, if i disable web publishing, they would all be screwed.

Well issue resolved. We had purchased a new certificate and once we implemented that, the errors Exchange/outlook were spitting out changed and I was able to pick through them one at a time.

on a side note is it normal for exchange 2007 to max out your ram? the server was purcahsed with 4GB {750 mailboxes, 1 exchange server doing all roles} and we upgraded it to 16GB, but its still using 95% of the memory.

After we got a new certificate, 90% of the issues stopped. Users with outlook 2010 are just find and most of the outlook 2007 users are good..

except two...

Two users are constantly getting prompted for a username and passowrd. If I do an "Autodiscover" test from their outlook, it fails.......... but everyone else is good. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back