Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

free asset management sw 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thompom

Technical User
Dec 4, 2006
GB
Hi - have looked at all major asset management/discovery tools visual audit X3, ez audit etc..

anyone use a free solution to achieve this [200 pc/50 printers]

all ideas welcome

anyone? - maybe not free... but cheap

Hey,

You might like to try spiceworks. It is a very handy app. Only (slight) drawback is that it's revenue model comes from ad placements..otherwise it is excellent for both inventory and help-desk functions.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Remember- It's nice to be important,
but it's important to be nice :)

just what i was looking for, great looking product - cant believe theres no catch - thanks v much

SpiceWorks is interesting. I have been watching it for a while. I fully expected to see it turn into a subscription only product, but it seems to not be the case. I found it to be rather slow, but they may have resolved that issue by now. Might be time to look at it again.

======
"Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care."
-Jimmy Buffett

In the "maybe not free... but cheap" department, you might want to try a product called Cerulean: Resource manager. It's a collection of IT operations tools priced in the hundreds and the best part is that they don't limit you on the number of devices you can have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back