Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Freaky Stuff 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
With any advancement in echnology there will ALWAYS be those who will use it for something other than it should. I do not think one should go out and get bionic arms (when they become available) just because it will make them stronger. This type of technology should be used to help those who need it. But as we have demonstrated it the past (society as a whole), something that is created to help others can be used against us. Someone will always want to be more powerfull or smarter than anyone else. James Collins
Systems Support Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

I agree a %100 with butchreon I have no porblem trying to restore normal human funtion like an arm but once you are past that is where problems occur. lets try this one out: ok in the EU and US the over use of artifical orgians is limted to those who need it but now we have a rouge state somewhere that things this is the way to make there army better so now other countires have to at lest have a "few" groups to handle this type of army and the use of bionics will take off.

Don't get me wrong I am all for improving man but I think that this type of man will put the rest of man to exintiction with a genticly altered brain he is now smarter with most of his organs removed and repalced with bionic ones he lives longer and with bionic arms and legs he is stronger. If it is open to every one this is a good thing but if not alot will not stand a chance in this brave new world. So long and thanks for all the fish.

I think the underlying problem is human nature. Despite our discoveries and inventions, we are still primitive creatures with survival instincts, having not adequately adapted to the society we have created. The need to be slightly better than our contemporaries in order to stand a greater chance of survival and therefore procreation in order to continue one's lineage is still deap-seated. Unless we are able to overcome this, I fear the above scenario may become a reality, with power-hungry individuals creating cyber-forces with which to rule the world. Given that the technology is almost with us, this is a problem which really should be addressed. My suggestions are what I would try myself. If incorrect, I welcome corrections to my rather limited knowledge. Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back