Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Framework 100% CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnifeR

MIS
Jan 6, 2004
PL
Hello,
I have large installation of Epo 3.0.1 with two repositories. I'm using VirusScan 7.1 and 4.5.1. Very often FrameworkService.exe goes 100% CPU utilization for hours. My users want to kill me...

Please Help

MarciN

Hi,
I did the following things:
1. disable the Nai FTP site as available repositorie from the ePO agent. (My clients don´t have Internet access by default.)
2. Purge the task log from your epo server regularly.

Since I dis this, I didn´t had the problem again.

Regards and good luck.

Roel.

I am having the same problem in my large organization where we do have internet access by default. If you have any other answers or information, I would very much like to hear it.

Thanks, cjkip

We also do have this issue here, and after applying SP1 and 2 still no official solution, while we have a ticket with MCAfee for half a year now.

Looks like that deleting the client from the database and let it add istelf agian will do the trick, but we have to test it more to confirm this.

Maybe you can test this also at your site and let us know what the results are...

See ya

Arjen

hello everybody,
I've resolved this problem in my case:

the problem was in number of connections to the ePo server - in server settings I have 1000 connections (and I don't want to have more). After rebooting server all was OK but after about 10 minutes agents started to have problem. In perfmon application I saw that after some minutes\hours number of connections to the ePo server is... 1001. So: agents didn't have free connection to connect to server for getting policy changes, dat upgrades etc... and after many tryings hangs up to 100% CPU. In agent log file I saw that everytime agent is trying to connect to server it couldn't - there wasn't any available ePo server.

What I did:
created a distributed repository on the same machine as ePo server but as FTP repository.
On the sitelist.xml file (from ePo server console) I deleted the master repository ePo server as an update server and I'm using only two distributed repositories.
I'm watching naimserv301 Http Connections using Tivoli Software - anytime that number of connections is 1001 I'm rebooting the server (sometimes twice a day).
Agents now using ePo server only for policies etc...

Since time I did all this things I have no problem with agents.

Best Regards
MarciN

I am having the same problem in my organization. We connect to a University server to download updates. Is there any way to solve this problem from the user end? Thanks for any help.

J

I also have this problem (100% framework),
it's happening when there is no more network connection between an agent and the server or a repository.

I still don't find something to resolve that.

If you have problem with the McAfee Framework Service
just change your update repository from FTP to HTTP.

Worked for me!

/DKMart

**********Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?**********

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back