Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

frames within forms on a jsp page

Status
Not open for further replies.

rincewind44

Programmer
May 21, 2003
IE
Hi,
Hi,
I have drop down select form in a frame on a jsp page and when I select a value and I want to post that selected value to another frame within the same page so that a drop down select form now holds values relevant to the first selection. How can I include the target frame within the action description?
Thanks

Would it not be easier to achieve this with javascript ?

My knowledge of javscript if extremely limited and I am also using a jdbc connection within the jsp page to get the select values from a database so i don't beleive javascript would be easier...
Maybe i'm wrong?

Its quite easy to reference different values in a frame using javascript. Take a look at the below example (run d.html to see it) :

"b.html"
Code:
<html>
	<body>

hello b
		<input type=&quot;button&quot; name=&quot;bb&quot; onclick=&quot;alert(window.parent.c.ct.value = 'there')&quot;>
	</body>

</html>

&quot;c.html&quot;
Code:
<html>
	<body>

hello c
		<input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;ct&quot; value=&quot;hello&quot;>

</body>

</html>

&quot;d.html&quot;
Code:
<html>
	<body>

hello b
		<input type=&quot;button&quot; name=&quot;bb&quot; onclick=&quot;alert(window.parent.c.ct.value = 'there')&quot;>
	</body>

</html>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back