Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frames Page link to Bookmark in New Frames Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornwall

Programmer
Aug 6, 2003
GB
Morning all
This is my first use of this forum, so please bear with me

I have an existing frames page(header/contents/main)

From the contents in this frames page, I need to display a new frames page(header/contents/main) open at a specific bookmark in the main frame

Can anybody assist with appropriate html for link

Many thanks

Gary

It seems you have placed your bookmark? If so:
On the contents frame, highlight the word(s) you want to be hyperlinked, right click & choose hyperlink. Now locate the page with the bookmark on it, highlight it & you should see bookmark to the right, hit that button & now you will see all the bookmarks for that page.

Corey

This only partially works, as it will only display the 'main' frame of my new page plus the header and contents of my original page.

It will not display all of the new page (header/contents/main).

Any further ideas?

Gary

I see what you mean. Sorry I missed the "new" part. It does not seem to be possible. Because the bookmark is lining to mainhtm#bookmark & you want to link to new_frame.htm. But you cannot have it link to new_frame.htmmain.html#bookmark (or something like that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back