Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FrameMaker (or PDF) to Word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a PDF, which I can easily convert to FrameMaker, but are either of these formats able to be converted into a Word file?? If so, how?? Thanks!

Hi

A lot depends which version of Adobe Acrobat you are using for your pdf file. If it is acrobat 5 you can save it as rtf or html and bring it in to Word that way.

To get from FrameMaker to Word you can either save as RTF (use the japanese rtf option at the bottom of the pull-down menu) or use a third-party tool like mif2go which gives excellent redults but costs about 250 dollars. Don't use the save as Word option as this invariably crashes after sitting doing nothing for ages.

I would like to know how you intend to get from pdf to FrameMaker though, I know that you can import pdfs but only as images not as tesxt, or so I thought.

Best of luck

Lledod

"which I can easily convert to FrameMaker"

How are you going to do that? I'm pretty sure that it's not possible.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back