Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FrameMaker 8 User Review Request 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wordpolice

Technical User
Sep 27, 2007
US
Anyone using this yet? Any issues? Is it worthwhile upgrading or should I just wait for a point release?

Don't know if you have already upgraded as you posted some time ago but my recommendation would be to hold off. I have installed for a dozen technical writers and right now I'm off all of their Christmas Card lists. FM8 has been very buggy with numerous daily crashes. Particularly when saving as PDF's and as of yet no ePublisher support making authoring the same content to a website a real pain. Come to think of it I'm off the Web designers Christmas Card list as well.

i have a customer that is also experiencing crashes with FM8 when printing to a PDF. it happens every time on one pc and occationally on another pc.

were you able to find a fix for this problem? so far adobe wants to blame the hardware.

Thanks!

Wow! That took awhile for a response to come in. My PC was upgraded in Oct 07 and I had to choose whether or not to upgrade from FrameMaker 7.1 to 8. I did not upgrade since I could not get any good user feedback from anywhere. After reading the posts here that finally came in, I'm glad. Thanks bobby76 and thanks to ross0015 for the input about crashes and Adobe's blame game. I'm still dismayed that Adobe ever got their greedy hands on FrameMaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back