Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frame troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

orlandoj

Programmer
Feb 10, 2003
US
I have a website which uses 2 frames. One frame is a thin menu along the top of the screen and underneath is the other frame which is the body of the page.

The annoying thing is that if someone types in the URL of the just the bottom frame ...ie: news.html, the menu frame won't appear. I totally understand WHY this happens, but is there a way to code my news.html file, so that my top menu frame is there??

Thanks,
--Jamie

Oops, those frames got me. I thought I HAD posted the actual URL. ;-)

Kevin
A+, Network+, MCP

I've copy and pasted this code exactly as is, and CAN'T seem to get it to work. I am seeming to get tripped up on this line:

var newURL = getCookie('newURL');

Internet Explorer is saying Error: Object Expected

Yes, I do have cookies enabled in my browser. I really don't understand what this message means. Is the code wrong on this guy's site?

D'oh! After 2 hours of banging my head against my desk trying to figure this out, and 2 minutes after posting, I figured out what went wrong. Apparently 'getCookie' is a function that this guy made and isn't a preset js function. After I pasted in his code for the 'getCookie' and 'deleteCookie' functions everything worked just dandy! [afro2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back