Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frame Result required see message***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have three frames[top, left, right], I want to record all the action of left frame in the right frame.<br><br>In the top frame i have a text box and a submit button. when url is submitted it appears in left frame.<br>For example <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> This page is displayed in left frame.<br><br>What ever the actions performed in the left frame it should be recorded in the right frame.<br><br>how do i record it and save it.<br><br>pls help me<br>

I have three frames[top, left, right], I want to record all the action of left frame in the right frame.<br><br>In the top frame i have a text box and a submit button. when url is submitted it appears in left frame.<br>For example <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> This page is displayed in left frame.<br><br>What ever the actions performed in the left frame it should be recorded in the right frame.<br><br>how do i record it and if possible save it.<br><br>pls help me<br>&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;<br>

This really isn't an ASP question.&nbsp;&nbsp;You would have been better off asking in the Javascript forum.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Anyway,&nbsp;&nbsp;you'll need to set up an event handler to capture clicks at the document level.&nbsp;&nbsp;In the handler,&nbsp;&nbsp;you can retrieve the source of the event and the href associated with it.&nbsp;&nbsp;Then you can use document.write to write to the right hand frame.<br> <p>nick bulka<br><a href=mailto:nick@bulka.com>nick@bulka.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back