Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frame Relay Subinterface Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonC

MIS
Mar 9, 2000
US
Visit site
Hello,<br>
<br>
I currently have three locations in my setup, A (remote location) C (Remote Location), and B (Main Location both PVC's from A and C term here). I was wondering what is the best way to set up this situation. Currently Location A can talk to B and C can talk to B but A cannot talk to C. Both A and C are coming into a cisco 3102 sharing the same interface and DLCI and PVC address. Should I create 2 subinterfaces point to point and get another DLCI from ATT? Also split the PVC's into different addressing schemes? The guy at ATT claims that is not the way to do it and will not give me a DLCI, but he did not offer any explanation. Any help would be appreciated.<br>
<br>
Thanks <br>
<br>
Jason

In response to my own question:<br>
<br>
The global address is not like a local address. The setup was as follows: My 2 remote sites I configured with the DLCI of my main location. I also set this up as a subinterface in the event that we would want to add an additional PVC later. The main location I configured with two subinterfaces both pointing to the remote location's DLCI. Remeber this is only the setup with Global Addressing.<br>
<br>
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back