Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frame Relay Discard Eligible Packets

Status
Not open for further replies.

odot

Technical User
Apr 28, 2003
US
Why would a 56k circuit mark packet's as DE when the data is only transferring at a rate of:
30 second input rate 5000 bits/sec, 8 packets/sec
30 second output rate 6000 bits/sec, 10 packets/sec.
There are also no input or frame errors but increasing DE input errors. Any suggestions?

Any frame relay application I have ever run (and to be quiet honest, I haven't done too much of it), I have had the option of setting the DE buffer to a longer time interval to make sure all the packets make it out of the buffer before they are discarded.
Is this a point to point or multiplexed off of a T-1 running frame relay?
What IS your circuit configuration?

Thanks so much for responding!
I am on the network site of this 56k point-to-point circuit. I was seeing this in our router when I ran the sh frame-relay pvc cmd but the traffic was so low I didn't understand why packets were being discarded. Would setting the DE interval on the frame-relay side be done by the telco? In 7 minutes the router received 32 DE packets on the input side. No other errors on the router or FECN's or BECN's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back