Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Frame-Relay and Bridging 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeter

Technical User
Apr 6, 2000
US
I have a customer who wants a host site and three remotes .the ip's given by the sub are 129.154.70.1 , 129.154.70.2 , and 129.154.70.3 . He does not want to use any other. I know I need to set up  bridging ( bridge 1 protocol IEEE )( bridge group 1 ) . The question I have is how would I set up my interfaces .  

Bridging is considered old.&nbsp;&nbsp;Route the frame relay if you can.&nbsp;&nbsp;What kind of routers do you have at the locations and why do you want to bridge? <br><br>Jason <p> <br><a href=mailto:jcusick@visto.com>jcusick@visto.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

The way I set it up was to create 3 sub interfaces at the host site. At remote 1 I gave the ser 0 int the same ip as the host 0.1 int . Remote 2 was setup like 0.2, remote 3 like 0.3 , with the ethernet interface the same ip as the host and remote interface . The ethernet at the host location must have a different ip than the serial interfaces . Do not forget to set up briging in the conf t mode , other wise it will not work . I was able to ping and telent across the network . It seems to be working ok at this time . <br><br><A HREF="mailto:JoeFisher@LasVegas.com">JoeFisher@LasVegas.com</A> <br>

for some reason reading this posting brought loopback to my mind any thoughts&nbsp;&nbsp;????&nbsp;&nbsp;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back